Click the m:h logo to follow me on Twitter

Friday, 25 November 2011

Enjoying Deep Throat


I've discovered a couple of things this week. Firstly, some excellent new music and secondly, I am probably the oldest person in the world to like The Bunny The Bear.

This week I experienced Deep Throat (no laughing at the back). The latest EP from the Italian mob is a stunning example of simplistic old school punk with a bit of hardcore thrown in. Bro Dude and I agreed that there's a bit of Buzzcocks, The Offspring and Dead Kennedys in there, and the lead singer Paolo Merenda's heavily-accented Mediterranean drawl makes it a thoroughly enjoyable listen. Have agander here when you get a chance.

The other band to impress this week are thrashers Killed The Fixtion. Their horns up, head down metal from New Jersey has a Trivium-meets-Pantera feel and new song Pulse shows real intent. I'm looking forward to hearing more from these guys, give their tunes a listen on Facebook.

On to my second discovery. I should clarify that I like The Bunny The Bear's new album, as regular readers will know, but find their constant lovey wafflings on Facebook cripplingly annoying. However, it seems that TBTB have two core followings; grumpy teenagers and people who want them dead. I haven't read such bitter vitriol again since...I actually can't think of anything. Even the uprising against My Chemical Romance pales in comparison.

I think I speak for most people when I say ”chill out, it's only a fucking band”. Yes, they're very poppy and wear silly masks but there's no reason to wish them to die of various genito-urinary diseases, is there? And similarly, to the fans - it's a band, they're not your boyfriends, so dry your fucking eyes.

Enough from me. I'm going to hand over to this lad. The comments below the video prove my point but let's all sit back and enjoy his diatribe and cover of TBTB's Aisle:


M
\m/

1 comment:

Simon said...

that bunny/bear thing is crazy!!!! that video is even crazier!!!!!

i shall listen to them