Click the m:h logo to follow me on Twitter

Monday 31 March 2008

Fingers crossed.......

It's official - Reading 2008 has Slipknot. Whilst maintaining my positive outlook and villification of all those griping about Download 2008, this does make me nervous.

Rage Against The Machine and Metallica are strong headliners (I'll take or leave The Killers), definitely more "metal" than The Offspring and Lost Prophets, but let's make a list:

Reading 2008
For:
Good solid headliners
Slipknot
Might get some of the SoCal punk/ska cartel along in the smaller tents

Against:
So many bands beginning with "The" that it makes me want to the cut the my the balls the off.
Will be full of people who think heavy metal = Guns & Roses
The Feeling are there

Download 2008
For:
Alter Bridge, BFMV, Within Temptation - nice
Tattoo/piercers
Loads of beer and possibly more manly phantom meat stalls than Reading

Against:
None of my big guns are there yet....apart from H.I.M, that is.

The big question is, wll the mighty 'Knot make my summer and get to Donnington? And will Fear Factory surprise us all and bring some industrial aural damge to the month of June?

Fingers crossed............

1 comment:

JeDeMi said...

Lostprophets is one word...