Click the m:h logo to follow me on Twitter

Friday 10 February 2012

Big noise and t-shirts


This week I have experienced genuine brutality. Not in a water boarded, call Amnesty International sense, more in the sense that I have become exposed to Revilement.

Revilement's debut album Pillars of Balance is undoubtedly the heaviest thing I've heard this year. Hailing from Taiwan, Revilement are more than just a flurry of blasts and pig-squealin' vocals (although both feature extensively). There are some genuinely killer riffs throughout that don't rely solely on breakneck speed; slow, sludgey breaks give Pillars of Hope plenty of meat to get your teeth into. Fans of Cannibal Corpse would be mentally deficient not to embrace this band, particularly wth song titles such as Human Vivisection and Raping the Comatose. If you like your music thoroughly unpleasant, check this out immediately - there's a link in the Cool Shit list, as usual.

Psycroptic, from Australia, and their spectacularly titled The Inherited Repression arrived with Metal Harmony this week too. Whilst by no means the same level of savagery as Revilement, this album is right up my alley. There's a real technical edge, clean guitars over apocalyptic double-kick, and Jason Peppiatt's vocal style is a merry mix of thrash and Children of Bodom-esque melodic death. Fluff aside, The Inherited Repression is a proper fucking headbanger.

On a less brutal note, I strongly urge you lot to head over to Si Mitchell's site here. Si's a pal of mine who happens to be an excellent artist, and his new range of stuff is bang on the money for any skate punks out there. I would also heartily recommend The Breakfast Club range of T-shirts, as their limited run merch is shit hot.

Right, see you same time next week. Unless my wife goes into labour, which is looking very likely.

M
\m/

2 comments:

Simon said...

well thats just made my day - cheers buddy :)

Anonymous said...

I’m not sure where you're getting your information, but great topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for magnificent information I was looking for this information for my mission.
Blackburn Trakstand Mag 3 Trainer