Click the m:h logo to follow me on Twitter

Thursday 28 February 2013

The Year of the Horizon

I try my absolute damnedest to bring you, the Metal Harmony family, independent and objective reviews of musical happenings but every now and again, it becomes impossible.

Let me tell you a story.

As regular readers will know, I care not for Bring Me The Horizon. Their music is not meant for 30-something skinheads and as such, does not resonate with me in any way, shape or form. However, BMTH have recorded what is, without exception, my favourite song of the year so far in the shape of Shadow Moses. I am struggling to find a catchier song with a better singalong chorus.

The bullet point of this diatribe is simple; BMTH have proved me wrong. They have made a truly astounding metal tune that not only commands a singalong, it also demands mainstream airplay. Absolutely spectacular.

Yes I'm drunk but the sentiment remains.

M
\m/

1 comment:

Simon said...

its a good song - but every album before this album is awesome (you should check them out) - this one is more thrice than BMTH to be honest - still good - but each album from the first ep has been becoming lighter and more mainstream to be fair - the earlier stuff is much more brutal and not actually bad at all - Count Your Blessings & Suicide Season are constantly on my playlists :)