Click the m:h logo to follow me on Twitter

Wednesday 14 May 2008

Iron Priest

Get my rant published in this months' Metal Hammer - so far I'm a published author in Metal Hammer, Kerrang and Sega Power magazines. I think I should be respected and admired in the writer community for my contribution to mankind. I mean, I fail to see how Anne Frank's Diary can be any more insightful than my request for cheats for Mortal Kombat back in the early 90s.
I was also glad to discover that my metal mistress has now discovered Iron Maiden ("WTF?!" I hear you cry). Despite being more than aware of their work she'd never really, well, "absorbed" their beauty. The times have changed though; she's a convert. I'm still working on getting some of the toilet Radio friendly guitar guff off her iPod but apparently variety is the spice of life...
Listening to the old Devildriver joint a lot recently too, purely because the song "Grinfucked" has given me a new expression to describe what my boss does to me weekly - no, this music blog is not about to turn into a gripe about how I hate my job, things are tough, and so on and so forth. For if I go down that route, I may as well hang up my horns right now - FIGHT THE POWER KIDS!
Cannot wait to see Priest play "Breaking The Law" at Download - 80,000 metal/emo/grunge/screamo/punk/goth/spatula/porridge kids chanting along is going to be pretty huge.
See you there. Unless you're watching Simple Plan on the second stage...

No comments: